Alternative wood protection solutions to biocides at the end of their authorisation period
At the request of wood industry professionals who use treatment products, the aim is to:
- Identify solutions for replacing biocides whose authorisations have expired with other biocides that are not subject to a 10-year ban;
- Gathering information on the feasibility of using them in the timber construction and exterior wood markets, mainly joinery and cladding (suitability in terms of expected effectiveness criteria, consequences in terms of window design and manufacturing process, compatibility of these solutions with components such as wood, glues, finishes, etc.).
The market targeted by the study is wood surface treatment for use classes 2 and 3.1, mainly targeting fungal risks.
The various applications targeted are
- External cladding
- Interior cladding and joinery
- External joinery (windows and doors)
- Structural timber (COB, FOB or ITE) and industrial carpentry
With the support of :