Chemical testing of wood and wood products
Throughout this reconfinement period, our laboratories remain open and our testing activities are maintained.
You can continue to send your test samples to the respective sites.
- Physico-chemical tests on formulations (with validation of analysis methods)
- Search for contaminants (metals, hallogens, pesticides, etc.) in wood and panels, sawdust
- Industrial feasibility test (autoclave)
- Production control of panels (formaldehyde)
- VOC emission measurements (captured emissions, process control, efficiency of VOC recovery and destruction)
- Physical-chemical tests in gluing and finishing
- Identification of the chemical nature of an adhesive
- Chemical composition of plants (wood and annual plants)
- Characterisation of biomass (density, colour, bark content, knot content, moisture content, etc.)
- In-depth characterisation of lignins extracted from plants by industrial processes (paper identity card)
- Production of micro/nanocellulose in the laboratory and in a pilot plant
- Production of lignin extracted from conventional and innovative extraction processes at laboratory and pilot scale
- Extraction of hemicelluloses from plants using different techniques
- Expertise in finishing and preservation on building sites and structures: verification of treatment, search for pesticides, etc.
- Production assistance : autoclave impregnation tests, silica content measurements
- Product development (performance testing)
- Environmental assessment of wood building materials with respect to VOC emissions
- Application of finishing systems : thickness, visualization of layers, etc.
- Ageing tests (carried out in conjunction with the FCBA physics laboratory)
- Goniometer measurements
- Development of extraction processes for wood molecules (hemicelluloses, lignin and extractives)
- Valorisation of co-products from primary processing industries (solid and liquid)
- Evaluation of the potential of : micro/nanocellulose in processes and products, lignin in glues, specific treatments and products, hemicelluloses in products
- Understanding of wood degradation in its uses
The chemistry laboratory is also recognised for its extensive environmental expertise in ecotoxicity and VOC testing.
Discover this expertise